View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Forum rules

Please, no selling, no trading, no value appraisals, no posting contact details, or links to any of the afore mentioned.
Thank you. :-)

Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 My new cymbals. 

Post My new cymbals.
Im happy to report that Im now a Paiste endorser! I have been with Sabian all my career,but allways been a Paiste collector and enthusiast.

My set up now consist of the following:

16"-17"-19" Rude crash/ride and 20" ride/crash (all used as crashes)
10" Rude splash
18" Rude Novo
14" Fo 602 Extra heavy hi hats,blue label (as X-hat) or 3000 Heavy hats

And Im waiting on the following to arriwe shortly: 22" Rude power ride prototype (as my main ride), 13" Rude SE hihat prototype, 8" Rude splash prototype, 18" Rude china, 14" Rude SE hihat and a 20" Rude power ride (as a left hand ride)

I also got the 24" Rude,but that cymbal didnt live up to my expectations as it was not dry at all and had none of the Rude characteristic,exept of the logo and being extremely loud. So I still use my 22" Hellhammer prototype ride down on my right. (I use 3 rides)

I will post some pictures of my new set up as well as my collection as soon as I can.

Cheers everybody and its good to be with Paiste again!!!

-HH

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:13 am

Post Re: My new cymbals.
Hey, Jan. Welcome to these shores, and congrats on the Paiste endorsement!

Very curious to hear a recording with your full Paiste setup. Your signature sound is based around your cymbal sound (the Leopard ride, the Leopard/Fusion hi-hat combo, lately the HHX crashes), but I am certain you've chosen cymbals that fit your sound well.

What about Signatures, looked into those sounds? I am currently testing out Dark Energy hats and will also go for a couple of crashes and rides in that series, for that darker sound. The hats are less dry than I expected, but I am considering mixing the bottom up with a RUDE bottom, perhaps SE.

Last edited by Rhythmatist on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am

Heisann Ask!

Thanx for that bro! Yeah it had to be Paiste,but still I havnt found the optimal main ride in my set up yet,but hope the 22" *Rude power ride prototype will be IT! To replace my old trusty 22" Leopard that is. As for main hats I will try the prototype 13" Rude SE,but my other idea is to use the unlathed heavy bottom of the 13" Traditional medium light hat as a top,paired with a Rude bottom as bottom. The 13" Trad is discontinued,but I have seen one on Ebay recently that I will grab if not Paiste have something left.
The signature line is for me a bit more prone to break,but I dig the (again discontinued) 22" dry heavy ride and 22" dry dark ride. I also bought a 20" heavy bell ride on ebay that Im waiting for. Should be great as a left hand ride as well as the 20" Rude power.

So any trips to the good old fatherland planned?

Last edited by Hellhammer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:29 am

Up there every month, band is still there. Recording the next album in November (with Peter in Sweden), so the next months will be up and down several times, including a couple of writing sessions in the family cabin in Hemsedal. Mountain air, "utedo" and cold water, nothing spells inspiration like that. :D

About the replacement for the Leopard, I've been asking around on this forum, but nobody seems to offer a good alternative. Someone mentioned the Sig Dark Metal Ride (it has the looks) but that's completely wrong. So for now the Leopard stays. I was also considering the 24" RUDE Mega Power Ride, but thankfully you made that mistake before me. Also been considering the RUDE Power, so curious what you think of it. Still, I expect it to lack that X factor of the Leopard, the woodiness.

So any plans for clinics for Paiste at some point? Planning a couple of gatherings down here, so would be cool to combine it.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:49 am

Thats awsome!! Nothing is like home :D
No the Sig dark metal ride I have only tried in 20",but that one was totally useless...for me anyway. And the 24 Rude mega bell I used on our last gig in germany at the Hell pleasure fest,but it didnt work at all,so I gave it to my drumtech. It just reminded me of a giant crash,extremely much build up so all my so called "Slayer beats" was lost in a big blur of wash. Extremely irritating. AND I even put silicon glue around the cymbal,5cm from the edge and downwards,on the backside,but it didnt help.
Oh well,its gone now (btw,do you still have that 22" Sabian metal ride I gave you many years ago?) :)
Concerning clinics,its not decided anything yet,coz I just applied for the endorsement and was accepted,but in the future i would be happy to do it,if Paiste wants to.
Anyway,gimme a call next time ur around and in Oslo.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Hellhammer wrote:
(btw,do you still have that 22" Sabian metal ride I gave you many years ago?) :)

Yep, I've used it in recordings when I needed a second ride (Hoglan style), but now it's been unemployed for a while. Instead I do more crossover hand work with the Leopard. In one of my bands I do use the Will Calhoun disc I got, though. Mounted on top of the Novo it works for some bell work I have to do there.

How is the Paiste situation in Norway now? Good distro? I see on this forum that some places it's hard to find anything but the cheaper lines, and a few cymbals of the higher end lines, but when I lived there it was pretty good with Paiste (at least in Buskerud/Vestfold). I know some of the Turkish brands are doing well in Norway, people like Erik Smith probably had an impact there, as well as Meinl (due to Norsk Musikk's endorsement deals combining them with Tama and Evans). What's your experience?

Good thing the Central America shows were cancelled, now you can sit in front of your computer all weekend instead. :D

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Some great stuff there. Welcome to the forum. I'd love to see your pics.
Very interested in the 13 Rude SE's and your impression of them.
And congratulations on your endorsement.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 pm

congrats on the endorsement and be sure to post a pic of your setup if you get the chance

Wuhan 16 china

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:49 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you _Drum_Dad,and I will absolutely keep you posted on the 13" Rude SE hats. Im very curious about how they sound and feel in different settings.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes pictures will be taken in some days :)

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Ask,the Paiste situation here is getting alot better. I remember in the eighties,when we could allmost only get Paiste cymbals in the stores here in Norway. Zildjian was kind of non existent here back then. Then came Sabian along,got popular as well as Meinl (when Meinl was a "cheap brand") and Zildjan took over allmost everything.
But Im so happy that Paiste is getting the popularity back now. I myself now has been with Sabian allmost 20 years,but got totally sick of their "hip" marketing and "modern" approach. Paiste has allways been very conservative and traditional in their marketing,and thankfully not tried to make cymbals targeted at every hip trend at the moment!
Im not saying Sabian cymbals are bad,coz they certainly are not,but for me it was time for a change. Back to the cymbals I started on,Rudes and 505 at that time.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Wow, I can't believe Hellhammer is actually on this forum! :D Rythm, why haven't you tricked him into coming here earlier? :P

Gotta say I'm a fan! And welcome!

And hey, I actually find the Dark energy hats to have the exact amount of dryness that I want! But mine are the 13" so your 14" might be washier, Rythm...

Sound Formula
Signature
Dark Energy
Formula 602
Giant Beat

"As long as there's, you know sex and drugs, I can do without rock 'n' roll"

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:09 pm

22" RUDE Pwr ride!!!

welcome man. :D

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:46 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 am

Thank you very much Olli and Novo China! :)

On the previous post is some cymbals from my Paiste collection. Enjoy...!

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 302 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next