|The UN-official wiki is no longer processing user accounts due to spam.|
From Un-Official Paiste Wiki
- A truly affordable pro-quality cymbal at the student or semi-pro level. Paiste experience, craftsmanship and understanding of choice materials give these cymbals many professional features. (1)
- Paiste 505 cymbals produce a fully resonant, vibrant sound with a controlled response. They are developed to provide the drummer with a goos quality cymbal at a reasonable investment. (2)
Quality: Advanced Student Line, intermediate, semi-pro
Production: Cast cymbals using more mass production (automated) manufacturing methods with some manual hammering.
Applications: All types of music, particularly pop and rock.
Sound: 505 cymbals produce a fully resonant, vibrant sound. They are developed to provide the drummer with a good quality cymbal. The following is quoted from an early 80's catalog - All Paiste 505 cymbals give a true professional cymbal sound with clear character definition.
The ride cymbals have strong definite stick-rhythm sound. The multi-purpose medium cymbals can be used for loud, forceful crash or gentle ride effects.
Crash cymbals give compact, cutting accents.
Here is a Paiste Weight Table for all Paiste series.
- Crash - 12" 13" 14" 15" 16" 18" 20" 22"
- Heavy Crash - 16" 18" 20"
- Medium - 16" 18" 20" 22"
- Thin - 16"
- Modern Drummer Equipment Annual 1986
- Paiste "Six Cymbal Lines" Ad 1981